What if your athletics department stopped using social media?
I just returned from the NACDA and CoSIDA conventions in Orlando. A week full of networking, connecting and learning from the best in the business. As has been the norm over the past few years, social media was a hot topic. There were a number of panels dedicated to discussing social media, from how to engage with fans to getting your story out to the media to handling it on a personal level – and that’s just scratching the surface. It’s a topic that, truth be told, could use its own conference.
The good news is that athletics departments are continuing to rethink their goals and strategies on social media. We are constantly examining our approach, measuring results and adjusting as needed. There’s a desire to do more and to be better.
At the end of the day it boils down to creating memorable content on social media for your fans – students, parents, community, alumni, potential students. Content that stirs up emotion, causes them to act (click, share, buy, etc) and makes them feel more connected. One way to evaluate this is to ask ourselves a tough question:
Would anybody notice if you stopped posting to your social media accounts?
Are we creating content that matters, that connects and has a purpose or are we just filling up timelines because we think we are supposed to be on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc?
We are fighting for the attention of our fans, trying to stand out above the noise rather than simply add to it. That’s no easy task. To do that, we must create unforgettable content. Content that keeps them coming back for more.
Fieldhouse Media is an award-winning firm dedicated to helping athletics departments get the most out of their social media efforts. To find out more about us or to join the more than 60 schools utilizing our services for their athletics department, contact us today.
- Withdrawal Agreement European Council
- What Type Of Agreement Is Contract
- What Is An Allocation Agreement
- What Does Internal Agreement Mean
- Voluntary Youth Agreement
- Uts Academic Staff Enterprise Agreement
- Unanimous Agreement Antonym
- Treasury Board Collective Agreement Pg
- This Agreement Shall Be Executed In Counterparts
- Texas Instruments Software License Agreement
- Template Of A Simple Lease Agreement
- Such Agreement
- Student Placement Agreement Template
- Sri Lanka-Iran Preferential Trade Agreement
- Simple Shareholder Agreement Uk
- Shareholder Agreement In Myanmar
- Service Agreement Service Fee
- Scheduling Agreement Functionality
- Sample Lease Back Agreement
- Saanich Fire Collective Agreement